6th Nov, 2009
Trivias about Kamalhassan.
1. Kamal is the only Indian actor who had bagged more than 18 Filmfare Awards
2. Kamal was the choreographer for MGR in the film Naan En Pirandhein, He was also choreographer for Shivaji in the film Savaale Samali and for Jayalalitha in Anbu Thangai.
3. Sri Devi and Sri Priya are the actresses who had paired with Kamal in most of his films.
4. Kamal was the instrument in releasing Rajni’s favorite film Mullum Malaraum.
5. Though Kamal has acted with almost all notable directors, he has not actor in Director Mahendran’s films.
6. Kamal has procured a land in the suburbs to build a hi tech theatre. There will be restaurant and amusement park also.
7. Kamal is the only Tamil actor who had acted in Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada, Hindi and Bengali languages.
8. Aval Oru Thodarkadhai was remade in Bengali as Kabita in which Kamal portrayed the same character he did in Tamil as a mimicry artiste. But in the Telugu version, Antuleni Katha he played the character of Bengali Managing Director who likes to marry Kavitha.
9. S.P.Balasubramaniam has sung more no. of songs for kamalhassan. But in one movie, K.J.Jesudass sang for kamal and SPB sang for another actor. The movie is Moondram Pirai. S.P.B sand “Vaanengum thanga vinmeengal…” for a junior artist while the other songs were sung by KJJ,
10. Kamal shared screen space with his first wife Vaani Ganapathy in the movie “Mel Naattu Marumagal” in which Sivakumar played the lead role as Kamal’s elder brother
11. Kamal Haasan and Vaani Ganapathy got married on the day of the 25th Filmfare Awards; they attended the award nite with their garlands still around their necks.
12. Kamal shared screen space with his second wife Sarika in the thriller Tik Tik Tik. She appeared in one scene as a model and was murdered. Latha Rajnikanth has sung the song “Netru indha neram…” in the movie.
13. Kamal and Sarika got married after their 2nd daughter Akshara was born.
14. Kamal- Sarika is the only couple to get National Awards for Best Actor and Best Actress. (Shabana Azmi-Javed Akhtar is the only couple to get 5 National Awards each. The former as the Best Actress and the latter as the best Lyricist).
15. In the movie Pattikkada Pattanama, Kamal has done the Leg movements for a Western song for Sivaji.
16. Mohan (Mike Mohan) is the first actor to whom Kamal sang a song in the film “Oh Maane Maane”. Next he gave to Ajith in Ullasam.
17. S.P.Balasubramaniam is Kamal’s voice in Telugu dubbed Tamil films. But when Swathy Muthyam was dubbed as Sippikkul Muthu, S.P.B was supposed to dub for him since Kamal was out of dates.
18. Kalaignan was a poor remake of the 1966 Bollywood Blockbuster Teesri Manzil starring Shammi Kapoor and Asha Parekh.
19. India’s official entry to the Oscars comprise most of Kamalhassan movies.
20. Kamal learnt American Accent from his daughter Shruti Hassan for the role of Fletcher in Dasavatharam and learnt Telugu accented Tamil for the role of Balram Naidu by observing Gautami’s way of speaking.